MARYVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A 77-year-old man was killed in a vehicle wreck in Tennessee.
The Knoxville News Sentinel reports that James Edward Wilson was pronounced dead on the scene Monday.
The Blount County Sheriff’s Office said in a Facebook post that Wilson was driving on a road when the vehicle went off the side of the roadway, struck a concrete bridge rail, went into the creek and struck an embankment head-on.
Authorities say Wilson was thrown from the passenger side window and landed in the creek. Wilson was not wearing a seatbelt and there was no air bag deployment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- As some Democrats grow impatient with Biden, alternative voices emerge
- Trump White House counsel Cipollone to testify to 1/6 panel
- Parade shooting suspect bought 5 weapons despite threats
Authorities are not sure when the crash occurred.
Information from: Knoxville News Sentinel, http://www.knoxnews.com