PLEASANT VALLEY, N.Y. (AP) — Police have charged a 70-year-old man with murder after a 56-year-old woman was found shot to death a Hudson Valley fish and game club.
The Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office says deputies responded Tuesday afternoon to a report of a shooting at the Pleasant Valley Trout and Game Club in the town of Pleasant Valley, 75 miles (120 kilometers) north of New York City.
When deputies arrived they found Lana Florio, of nearby Poughkeepsie, suffering from an apparent gunshot wound to her head. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say Wednesday that Florio had been shot by Rosario Curcio, of Poughkeepsie. He was charged with second-degree murder and is being held in the county jail without bail.
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- Police: Lynnwood 6-year-old drowned in bathtub by visiting relative
- Seattle leaders look to push ‘refresh’ button with Amazon for ‘a new relationship’
- Why Seattleites love to hate the umbrella
- 'The Big Dark' is here as first of three storms rolls into Northwest on stretch of trans-Pacific moisture
Police say the two knew each other but didn’t provide details.
Curico’s public defender wasn’t available for comment.