PLEASANT VALLEY, N.Y. (AP) — Police have charged a 70-year-old man with murder after a 56-year-old woman was found shot to death a Hudson Valley fish and game club.
The Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office says deputies responded Tuesday afternoon to a report of a shooting at the Pleasant Valley Trout and Game Club in the town of Pleasant Valley, 75 miles (120 kilometers) north of New York City.
When deputies arrived they found Lana Florio, of nearby Poughkeepsie, suffering from an apparent gunshot wound to her head. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say Wednesday that Florio had been shot by Rosario Curcio, of Poughkeepsie. He was charged with second-degree murder and is being held in the county jail without bail.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Mormons to stay outdoors after split with Boy Scouts
Police say the two knew each other but didn’t provide details.
Curico’s public defender wasn’t available for comment.