PLEASANT VALLEY, N.Y. (AP) — Police have charged a 70-year-old man with murder after a 56-year-old woman was found shot to death a Hudson Valley fish and game club.
The Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office says deputies responded Tuesday afternoon to a report of a shooting at the Pleasant Valley Trout and Game Club in the town of Pleasant Valley, 75 miles (120 kilometers) north of New York City.
When deputies arrived they found Lana Florio, of nearby Poughkeepsie, suffering from an apparent gunshot wound to her head. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say Wednesday that Florio had been shot by Rosario Curcio, of Poughkeepsie. He was charged with second-degree murder and is being held in the county jail without bail.
Most Read Stories
- Man who accused Ed Murray of sexual abuse found dead in Auburn motel WATCH
- With work permits in limbo, spouses of H-1B visa holders worry they’ll lose jobs
- King County Republican chair criticized after telling gun-control advocate 'Do not ever contact me again'
- Crashes involving 25 vehicles shut down snow-slicked I-90
- Snow in Seattle? Freezing temperatures? 'Be ready for it'
Police say the two knew each other but didn’t provide details.
Curico’s public defender wasn’t available for comment.