PLEASANT VALLEY, N.Y. (AP) — Police have charged a 70-year-old man with murder after a 56-year-old woman was found shot to death a Hudson Valley fish and game club.
The Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office says deputies responded Tuesday afternoon to a report of a shooting at the Pleasant Valley Trout and Game Club in the town of Pleasant Valley, 75 miles (120 kilometers) north of New York City.
When deputies arrived they found Lana Florio, of nearby Poughkeepsie, suffering from an apparent gunshot wound to her head. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say Wednesday that Florio had been shot by Rosario Curcio, of Poughkeepsie. He was charged with second-degree murder and is being held in the county jail without bail.
Most Read Stories
- Sore losers? That’s too soft a label for how the Seahawks reacted at the end of Jags loss
- Amazon’s Seattle hiring frenzy slows sharply; what’s going on?
- Seahawks-Jaguars game ends in ugly brawl, and an altercation with Jacksonville fans VIEW
- Asked & Answered: What happened to Tom the Guessing Doorman at Costco?
- Renton-based Providence in talks for massive hospital merger with Ascension
Police say the two knew each other but didn’t provide details.
Curico’s public defender wasn’t available for comment.