FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Fort Worth police are looking for a 37-year-old man named in a warrant that accuses him of capital murder for the slayings of two people — believed to be a woman and her elementary-school-age daughter — at an apartment complex.
Authorities say the man being sought, Paige Terrell Lawyer, should be considered dangerous.
A neighbor tells the Fort Worth Star-Telegram he was awakened Friday to screams from a woman who told him her sister was gone and there had been a murder.
Firefighters responding to a 911 call found the bodies.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A Chicago man died after the family took him off life support. Then he walked through the door.
- U.S. buries digital land mines to menace Russia’s power grid
- Severed head of prehistoric wolf found in Siberia, perfectly preserved
- As he plans July Fourth gala, Trump still owes $7 million in inauguration costs to D.C.
- Court's conservatives overturn precedent; liberals ask 'which cases the court will overrule next'
The slain woman also had twin 4-year-olds who weren’t home at the time. They’ve been taking into protective custody.
Information from: Fort Worth Star-Telegram, http://www.star-telegram.com