BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — An 18-year-old man has been indicted in the slaying of a Tennessee truck driver who was robbed and shot in a Louisiana parking lot in August.
The Advocate reports that Landry Carter of Baton Rouge was indicted on a second-degree murder charge in the Aug. 8 death of 49-year-old Keith Odom of Jonesborough, Tennessee. Carter was arrested Aug. 9.
Police say Odom was approached while repairing his 18-wheeler and waiting to make a delivery. The arrest report says Odom was shot after he turned over his possessions.
East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney Hillar Moore III says review of evidence and witnesses statements better supported a second-degree indictment rather than a first-degree charge.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again
It’s unclear if Carter has a lawyer.
Information from: The Advocate, http://theadvocate.com