BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — An 18-year-old man has been indicted in the slaying of a Tennessee truck driver who was robbed and shot in a Louisiana parking lot in August.
The Advocate reports that Landry Carter of Baton Rouge was indicted on a second-degree murder charge in the Aug. 8 death of 49-year-old Keith Odom of Jonesborough, Tennessee. Carter was arrested Aug. 9.
Police say Odom was approached while repairing his 18-wheeler and waiting to make a delivery. The arrest report says Odom was shot after he turned over his possessions.
East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney Hillar Moore III says review of evidence and witnesses statements better supported a second-degree indictment rather than a first-degree charge.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- No private jets, no big house: Jimmy Carter an outlier among ex-presidents VIEW
- Taco Bell loses $42 million Chihuahua ruling
- Garbage from Washington state's booming pot industry clogs gutters, sewers and landfills
- Wary of taking the fall, White House counsel cooperates with Mueller VIEW
- Another trial looms for ex-Trump campaign chairman Manafort
It’s unclear if Carter has a lawyer.
Information from: The Advocate, http://theadvocate.com