CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — The Bon-Ton says it’s closing 42 locations nationwide, including an anchor store at the struggling Steeplegate Mall in Concord, New Hampshire.
Store closing sales were scheduled to start Thursday and run for about 10 to 12 weeks.
The company had previously announced that five other stores would close, including a Bon-Ton in Burlington, Vermont.
The Steeplegate Mall was sold to a New York retail property firm in 2016 for $10.3 million. It was made at a fraction of the price tag the 480,000-square-foot-facility carried in years past.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Rosenstein still has his job _ at least till Trump showdown
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser