CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — The Bon-Ton says it’s closing 42 locations nationwide, including an anchor store at the struggling Steeplegate Mall in Concord, New Hampshire.
Store closing sales were scheduled to start Thursday and run for about 10 to 12 weeks.
The company had previously announced that five other stores would close, including a Bon-Ton in Burlington, Vermont.
The Steeplegate Mall was sold to a New York retail property firm in 2016 for $10.3 million. It was made at a fraction of the price tag the 480,000-square-foot-facility carried in years past.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Trump backs down, says he misspoke on Russia meddling WATCH
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump says he accepts US intelligence on Russian interference in election but denies collusion