CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — The Bon-Ton says it’s closing 42 locations nationwide, including an anchor store at the struggling Steeplegate Mall in Concord, New Hampshire.
Store closing sales were scheduled to start Thursday and run for about 10 to 12 weeks.
The company had previously announced that five other stores would close, including a Bon-Ton in Burlington, Vermont.
The Steeplegate Mall was sold to a New York retail property firm in 2016 for $10.3 million. It was made at a fraction of the price tag the 480,000-square-foot-facility carried in years past.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.