WATERBORO, Maine (AP) — A letter from Jesus Christ might be the affirmation Oprah Winfrey needs to run for the presidency.
WGME-TV reports an 83-year-old Maine woman who changed her name to Jesus Christ says she began a letter writing campaign 50 years ago to spread a message of faith and peace. Christ says she sent the letter to Winfrey because she likes her but had no idea it would get so much attention.
Gayle King, one of the hosts of “CBS This Morning,” posted about the letter to Winfrey on Instagram on Wednesday, asking if it was the sign her best friend was looking for.
Winfrey said on “60 Minutes” that if God wanted her to run for president “wouldn’t God kinda tell me?”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Serial killer who took 10 women's lives executed in Florida
- 3 dead, state capital battered as storms rake Missouri VIEW
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- Trump, Pelosi trade insults as their feud heats up VIEW
- Sherpa climbs Everest twice in a week, breaks his record with his 24th ascent
Christ says she didn’t know there was speculation about Winfrey, but she’d vote for her.
Information from: WGME-TV, http://www.wgme.com