SAN CLEMENTE ISLAND, Calif. (AP) — A magnitude 3.9 earthquake has struck off California’s coast.
The U.S. Geological Survey says the earthquake hit at midnight Tuesday and had an epicenter about 10 miles (16 kilometers) northwest of San Clemente Island.
The agency says the earthquake had a depth of about 3 miles (4.9 kilometers.)
The KABC TV station reports that the earthquake was felt in parts of Los Angeles, Long Beach, the South Bay and Orange County.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Vaccine reserve was already exhausted when Trump administration vowed to release it, dashing hopes of expanded access
- 'QAnon Shaman's' note to Pence cited as evidence of 'assassination' plot before prosecutors walk back claim
- The $3,000-a-month toilet for the Ivanka Trump/Jared Kushner Secret Service detail
- Trump to leave Washington on morning of Biden's inauguration
- Trump plans to live at Mar-a-Lago and employ some current aides