MACKINAW CITY, Mich. (AP) — The Mackinac Bridge has been reopened after it was shut down overnight due to ice falling from its cables.
The bridge authority began allowing traffic to cross the 5-mile-long span about 7:20 a.m. Saturday. The bridge links Michigan’s Upper and Lower peninsulas.
It was closed to all traffic just before noon Friday afternoon after sunny conditions melted the ice and made conditions dangerous for drivers.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- As nations decide to live with the virus, some disease experts warn of surrendering too soon
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration
- Eastern U.S. socked by winter storm