LUTHER, Okla. (AP) — Authorities say a Luther police officer was stabbed in the arm by a man he found walking alongside a road.
Oklahoma County sheriff’s spokesman Mark Opgrande says the officer stopped Thursday to check on the man, who first ignored questions, then turned and slashed the officer three or four times.
Opgrande says the injuries are not life-threatening and the officer is being treated at a hospital.
The officer’s name hasn’t been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The handwarming story of how Bernie Sanders got his inauguration mittens
- ‘A total failure’: The Proud Boys now mock Trump
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- 10 Republicans voted to impeach Trump. The backlash has been swift.
- Denmark is sequencing all coronavirus samples and has an alarming view of the U.K. variant
Several law enforcement agencies were searching for the suspect in the area southeast of Luther, about 23 miles (37 kilometers) northeast of Oklahoma City.