LUTHER, Okla. (AP) — Authorities say a Luther police officer was stabbed in the arm by a man he found walking alongside a road.
Oklahoma County sheriff’s spokesman Mark Opgrande says the officer stopped Thursday to check on the man, who first ignored questions, then turned and slashed the officer three or four times.
Opgrande says the injuries are not life-threatening and the officer is being treated at a hospital.
The officer’s name hasn’t been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The Gateses’ public split spotlights a secretive fortune
- A mysterious, devastating brain disorder afflicts dozens in one Canadian province
- One of the world’s longest-running experiments sends up sprouts
- What is happening in Jerusalem and Gaza?
- Colonial Pipeline paid hackers nearly $5 million in ransom
Several law enforcement agencies were searching for the suspect in the area southeast of Luther, about 23 miles (37 kilometers) northeast of Oklahoma City.