LUTHER, Okla. (AP) — Authorities say a Luther police officer was stabbed in the arm by a man he found walking alongside a road.
Oklahoma County sheriff’s spokesman Mark Opgrande says the officer stopped Thursday to check on the man, who first ignored questions, then turned and slashed the officer three or four times.
Opgrande says the injuries are not life-threatening and the officer is being treated at a hospital.
The officer’s name hasn’t been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Southwest Airlines pilot climbs into cockpit window after being locked out of flight deck
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Texas welcomed Elon Musk. Now his rural neighbors aren't so sure.
- Indian Official Who Drained a Reservoir to Retrieve His Phone Is Suspended
- A powerful climate solution, just below the ocean’s surface
Several law enforcement agencies were searching for the suspect in the area southeast of Luther, about 23 miles (37 kilometers) northeast of Oklahoma City.