LUTHER, Okla. (AP) — Authorities say a Luther police officer was stabbed in the arm by a man he found walking alongside a road.
Oklahoma County sheriff’s spokesman Mark Opgrande says the officer stopped Thursday to check on the man, who first ignored questions, then turned and slashed the officer three or four times.
Opgrande says the injuries are not life-threatening and the officer is being treated at a hospital.
The officer’s name hasn’t been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Cop in Floyd case got medals for valor and drew complaints VIEW
- A latter-day Rip Van Winkle emerges, blinking, into the post-virus world
- Televangelist Pat Robertson blasts Trump for his protest response
- Who’s wearing a mask? Women, Democrats and city dwellers
- Pentagon-Trump clash breaks open over military and protests VIEW
Several law enforcement agencies were searching for the suspect in the area southeast of Luther, about 23 miles (37 kilometers) northeast of Oklahoma City.