HOLDEN, La. (AP) — A Louisiana man who lost control of an all-terrain vehicle and was later struck by another vehicle has died.
News outlets cite a release from Louisiana State Police that says 28-year-old Brandon Swindle of Holden was killed in Livingston Parish on Sunday. An investigation found that he was ejected onto the highway after losing control. His body was later struck by a car driven by 58-year-old Gary Fontenot.
Swindle suffered fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene. Fontenot was not injured.
State Police troopers say impairment may have been a factor in Swindle’s accident. Toxicology samples were taken from both drivers.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Key Largo is so flooded that crocodiles are swimming in the streets
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Trump records probe: Tensions flare over special master
- Ian lashes South Carolina as Florida's death toll climbs
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s husband files for divorce after 27 years
No charges have been announced.