PLATTE CITY, Mo. (AP) — A Louisiana man faces multiple mandatory life sentences in prison for sexually abusing a young girl and for being a predatory sex offender.
Platte County Attorney Eric Zahnd said 49-year-old Robert McDonald, of Coushatta, Louisiana, was found guilty Thursday of 10 felonies. The jury also found McDonald to be a predatory sex offender.
The victim told investigators that McDonald repeatedly sexually abused and raped her when she was between the ages of 5 and 7. The victim’s sister testified that McDonald had also touched her in a sexual way.
Zahnd says the finding that McDonald is a predatory sexual offender means he must be sentenced to life in prison on four of the 10 counts.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
McDonald will be formally sentenced July 16.