LAFAYETTE, La. (AP) — A Louisiana-based home health care provider has become the second-largest in the United States with the completion of its $850 million acquisition of a Kentucky-based firm.
The Advocate reports that LHC Group’s acquisition of Almost Family was effective April 1. The all-stock deal announced in November almost doubles the size of the firm to nearly 800 locations in 36 states.
LHC said in a release that its 30,000 employees will integrate with Almost Family over the next year-and-a-half.
LHC is now the second-largest publicly traded home health firm by revenue, behind the Louisville-based Kindred Home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Border official resigns amid uproar over migrant children VIEW
- At Costco food-sample line, gunfire, death and unanswered questions
- First lady's spokeswoman to be White House press secretary
- Naked German seeks relief in store's freezer section as heat wave bakes Europe
- The story behind a photo of two migrants found dead in the Rio Grande
Information from: The Advocate, http://theadvocate.com