LAFAYETTE, La. (AP) — A Louisiana-based home health care provider has become the second-largest in the United States with the completion of its $850 million acquisition of a Kentucky-based firm.
The Advocate reports that LHC Group’s acquisition of Almost Family was effective April 1. The all-stock deal announced in November almost doubles the size of the firm to nearly 800 locations in 36 states.
LHC said in a release that its 30,000 employees will integrate with Almost Family over the next year-and-a-half.
LHC is now the second-largest publicly traded home health firm by revenue, behind the Louisville-based Kindred Home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- Democrats subpoena Mueller report amid calls for impeachment
- Sanders goes on offensive defending credibility after report
- A portrait of the White House and its culture of chaos, dishonesty VIEW
- Man angry about virginity pleads guilty to threatening women
Information from: The Advocate, http://theadvocate.com