LAFAYETTE, La. (AP) — A Louisiana-based home health care provider has become the second-largest in the United States with the completion of its $850 million acquisition of a Kentucky-based firm.
The Advocate reports that LHC Group’s acquisition of Almost Family was effective April 1. The all-stock deal announced in November almost doubles the size of the firm to nearly 800 locations in 36 states.
LHC said in a release that its 30,000 employees will integrate with Almost Family over the next year-and-a-half.
LHC is now the second-largest publicly traded home health firm by revenue, behind the Louisville-based Kindred Home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fact-checking the Las Vegas Democratic debate
- Trump ally Roger Stone sentenced to over 3 years in prison VIEW
- A small bookstore pondered its future after a day without a sale. After a tweet, it became overwhelmed with orders.
- The most expensive home in L.A. cost Jeff Bezos only 0.13% of his net worth
- Russia backs Trump’s reelection; he fears Democrats will exploit its support
Information from: The Advocate, http://theadvocate.com