LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles police are looking for a hit-and-run driver who struck a 70-year-old nun, leaving her in critical condition.
Police on Thursday asked for public help in finding the driver of a black truck that struck Raquel Diaz in a Boyle Heights neighborhood crosswalk last Sunday.
Diaz is director of religious education at the Church of Assumption on Blanchard Street.
The city is offering a reward of up to $25,000 for information leading to an arrest and conviction.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- Largest US quake in half-century causes Alaska little damage
- Another coronavirus variant has reached Florida. Here's what you need to know.
- MacKenzie Scott, French Gates join to award $40M for gender equality efforts in U.S.
- Tucker Carlson falsely claims Anthony Fauci 'created' COVID-19