LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities in Los Angeles are looking for a burglar who accidentally made a selfie with his victim’s iPhone.
Police say the thief entered a home in the Venice area through an unlocked door Saturday and grabbed the phone, but he accidentally activated a video app.
The crook briefly recorded himself standing in the living room before he took off with the device.
A woman and two 15-year-old girls sleeping in the house weren’t hurt.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Washington state extremist pays a price after unmasking by left
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Canada eases border rules for its citizens and residents
- Scorching hot in Phoenix: What it’s like to work in 115 degrees
- They put up a Pride flag. A homeowners group said take it down
The owner of the phone remotely accessed the video, and police have released it.
Authorities say they don’t know the crook’s name, but they know what he looks like.
They’re hoping somebody else can put a name to the face.