LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities in Los Angeles are looking for a burglar who accidentally made a selfie with his victim’s iPhone.
Police say the thief entered a home in the Venice area through an unlocked door Saturday and grabbed the phone, but he accidentally activated a video app.
The crook briefly recorded himself standing in the living room before he took off with the device.
A woman and two 15-year-old girls sleeping in the house weren’t hurt.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Wealthy couple chartered a plane to the Yukon, took vaccines meant for Indigenous elders, authorities said
- US terrorism alert warns of politically motivated violence
- Judge bars Biden from enforcing 100-day deportation ban
- Biden may be stuck with some Trumpists
- Biden to reopen ACA marketplaces, lower barriers for joining Medicaid
The owner of the phone remotely accessed the video, and police have released it.
Authorities say they don’t know the crook’s name, but they know what he looks like.
They’re hoping somebody else can put a name to the face.