LOS ANGELES (AP) — Longtime Rose Parade broadcasters Bob Eubanks and Stephanie Edwards will make the 2016 edition their last.
The pair will anchor KTLA-TV’s coverage Friday morning, describing the flower-covered floats, marching bands and equestrian units moving down Pasadena’s Colorado Boulevard.
Eubanks, whose career includes hosting “The Newlywed Game,” worked the parade for several years before he was paired with Edwards in 1982.
In 2006, Edwards was replaced as an anchor but given a position commenting from the grandstands that year. She returned to co-anchoring the parade coverage in 2009.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's what we know about the 'delta-plus' variant, already detected in U.S. and elsewhere
- Scientists expected thawing wetlands in Siberia's permafrost. What they found is 'much more dangerous.'
- Mass. COVID-19 outbreak mostly infected the vaccinated, CDC finds; few needed hospitalization
- Officer dead, suspect killed in violence outside Pentagon
- Passenger arrives taped to his seat after assault of 3 flight attendants