LONGMONT, Colo. (AP) — The former Longmont Housing Authority executive director has been ousted after a photo of him making light of warrantless police searches at a subsidized housing complex surfaced.
The Daily Times-Call reports its coverage on the unconstitutional searches at The Suites last year was its No. 3 news story of 2017.
A picture of Michael Reis posing with a bronze medal for winning third place was emailed to the paper and Longmont Mayor Brian Bagley by former employee Kimberly Thomas on Thursday.
It’s not clear when the photo was taken.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
Bagley says the photo shows Reis did not take the reports of unauthorized searches and seizures at The Suites seriously.
Reis could not be reached for comment.
The housing authority’s executive board Chair Wendell Pickett says he requested and received Reis’ resignation Thursday.
Information from: Daily Times-Call, http://timescall.com/