BAY SHORE, N.Y. (AP) — Bail has been set at $30,000 for a 23-year-old man arrested on a driving-while-intoxicated charge after a pedestrian was struck in Bay Shore.
Suffolk County police say Edwin Rolando Santos-Romero was arrested Saturday after his 2000 Toyota Camry hit 46-year-old Jose Reyes shortly before 10 p.m.
Police say Reyes, a Bay Shore resident, was taken to Southside Hospital where he was listed in critical condition.
News 12 Long Island reported that bail was set after Santos-Romero pleaded not guilty during an initial court appearance. His family members declined to comment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 5 things about COVID we still don't understand — at our peril
- What are ultra-processed foods? What should I eat instead?
- Trump reportedly admitted taking Kim Jong Un letters from White House
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Authorities say Reyes suffered a traumatic brain injury.
News 12 quoted prosecutors as saying upgraded charges were expected to be filed against Santos-Romero.