LOMPOC, Calif. (AP) — Police officers shut down local streets and called the bomb squad in the Santa Barbara County community of Lompoc after an ammunition box was found aboard a school bus, but all it contained was a packed lunch.
KSBY -TV reports that officers rushed to the bus Wednesday morning after a caller reported a suspicious-looking package. Student passengers had already exited the vehicle.
Although the box was designed to hold ammunition, police say the only thing inside was someone’s lunch.
Police Sgt. Kevin Martin says authorities believe a student probably left his or her lunch behind.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- Deer could be a reservoir of old coronavirus variants, study suggests
- Goodbye passport stamps, hello biometrics: Customs is getting faster
- Rep. George Santos is stepping down from committees amid fabrications about his biography
- Video shows mysterious whirlpool spiral flying over Hawaii night sky