LOMPOC, Calif. (AP) — Police officers shut down local streets and called the bomb squad in the Santa Barbara County community of Lompoc after an ammunition box was found aboard a school bus, but all it contained was a packed lunch.
KSBY -TV reports that officers rushed to the bus Wednesday morning after a caller reported a suspicious-looking package. Student passengers had already exited the vehicle.
Although the box was designed to hold ammunition, police say the only thing inside was someone’s lunch.
Police Sgt. Kevin Martin says authorities believe a student probably left his or her lunch behind.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'