RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Several local governments are pushing back against legislation that would lessen their say in approving or disproving new cell phone towers.
The Daily Press reports that local officials in Hampton, Newport News and elsewhere are voicing opposition to a bill that restrict cities and counties permitting process’ for certain new cell towers.
Advocates for the legislation say it will help strengthen Virginia’s wireless infrastructure.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sniffles? Cancer? Under Medicare plan, payments for office visits would be same for both
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- 2 dead, 13 wounded in shooting attack in Toronto WATCH
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- After a week of walkbacks, Trump returns to Russia doubting
Information from: Daily Press, http://www.dailypress.com/