RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Several local governments are pushing back against legislation that would lessen their say in approving or disproving new cell phone towers.
The Daily Press reports that local officials in Hampton, Newport News and elsewhere are voicing opposition to a bill that restrict cities and counties permitting process’ for certain new cell towers.
Advocates for the legislation say it will help strengthen Virginia’s wireless infrastructure.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect
Information from: Daily Press, http://www.dailypress.com/