RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Several local governments are pushing back against legislation that would lessen their say in approving or disproving new cell phone towers.
The Daily Press reports that local officials in Hampton, Newport News and elsewhere are voicing opposition to a bill that restrict cities and counties permitting process’ for certain new cell towers.
Advocates for the legislation say it will help strengthen Virginia’s wireless infrastructure.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
Information from: Daily Press, http://www.dailypress.com/