MACON, Ga. (AP) — Some parents want students to use see-through backpacks and a Georgia school district is pleading with people to lock up their guns after a student brought a loaded gun into his elementary classroom.
The Telegraph reports that the gun was found in a student’s jacket just before school ended Wednesday at Taylor Elementary School in Bibb County.
After a fourth-grade teacher overheard students talking about the weapon, the school’s crisis team found the loaded 9 mm weapon in a student’s jacket in an empty classroom. No one was hurt.
A statement from the school district says two students had touched the gun, and three others knew about it but didn’t warn adults.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Species battle pits protected sea lions against fragile fish VIEW
- Hundreds of dead cattle lead to California rancher's arrest
- Austin bombing suspect had list of future targets
- Donald Trump Jr.’s wife reportedly found ‘sexy texts’ from Aubrey O’Day while he was in the shower
- Former Playboy model says Trump tried to pay her after sex
The district’s security director, David Gowan, said a criminal investigation is active.
Information from: The Telegraph, http://www.macontelegraph.com