More than 100 Russian diplomats have been expelled by a number of cou ntries. Here’s a list.
LONDON — The United States and many European countries on Monday made coordinated announcements to expel a total of more than 100 Russian diplomats, in a show of solidarity with Britain over the nerve agent attack of a former Russian spy in England.
A look at the countries that have announced the measures, and the number of Russians they have ordered to leave:
— UNITED STATES: 60 Russian diplomats expelled; Russian consulate in Seattle ordered closed.
— BRITAIN: 23 Russian diplomats expelled.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump denies Pelosi aircraft for trip abroad WATCH
- Less beef, more beans: Experts say world needs a new diet
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez vs. Wall Street: Lawmaker wins spot on powerful House committee
- Crushing defeat for May's deal leaves Brexit path unclear
— CANADA: Four Russians expelled; 3 applications for additional diplomatic staff being denied.
— UKRAINE: 13 Russian diplomats expelled.
— GERMANY, FRANCE, POLAND: Four Russian diplomats expelled from each country.
— CZECH REPUBLIC, LITHUANIA: Three Russian diplomats expelled from each country.
— SPAIN, NETHERLANDS, DENMARK, ITALY, ALBANIA: Two Russian diplomats expelled from each country.
— HUNGARY, SWEDEN, CROATIA, ROMANIA, FINLAND, ESTONIA: One Russian diplomat expelled from each country.
— LATVIA: One Russian diplomat expelled, plus one Russian representative of a Russian company blacklisted.