PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Police say two employees of a Providence liquor store were injured when they fought off two armed and masked intruders trying to rob the shop.
Police say the suspects entered Esquire Liquor Store at about 10 p.m. Thursday.
One of them hopped over the counter and demanded that a store worker give him money from the register.
But the 66-year-old worker refused and fought back.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
A second suspect and another store employee also fought, and during that struggle several gunshots were fired. Police say it appears the 40-year-old worker suffered a bullet graze wound to his thigh.
The would-be robbers ran off and remain at large but police have a description of their vehicle.