CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) — A 27-year-old Carson City man has been sentenced to life in prison for murder in the beating death of a 2-year-old girl while she was in his care a year ago.
District Judge James Wilson said during Eric Buhl’s sentencing Thursday he’ll be eligible for parole after serving 20 years.
The Nevada Appeal reports that prosecutors presented evidence showing Buhl beat Coahuyana “Chloe” Hernandez last March because she wouldn’t stop screaming.
Buhl originally said the child had fallen down the stairs and lost consciousness, but changed his story a number of times.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says
The county medical examiner’s office determined May 2 the death was a homicide from blunt force trauma.
Buhl said at sentencing he deserved to be punished for what he did.
Information from: Nevada Appeal, http://www.nevadaappeal.com