CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) — A 27-year-old Carson City man has been sentenced to life in prison for murder in the beating death of a 2-year-old girl while she was in his care a year ago.
District Judge James Wilson said during Eric Buhl’s sentencing Thursday he’ll be eligible for parole after serving 20 years.
The Nevada Appeal reports that prosecutors presented evidence showing Buhl beat Coahuyana “Chloe” Hernandez last March because she wouldn’t stop screaming.
Buhl originally said the child had fallen down the stairs and lost consciousness, but changed his story a number of times.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
The county medical examiner’s office determined May 2 the death was a homicide from blunt force trauma.
Buhl said at sentencing he deserved to be punished for what he did.
Information from: Nevada Appeal, http://www.nevadaappeal.com