ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Aides to Minnesota Rep. Jason Lewis say he’s been discharged from a Virginia hospital after suffering a concussion when a train carrying House Republicans to a retreat struck a truck.
A tweet from Lewis’ account late Wednesday said Lewis was heading for the retreat and planned to participate as much as he could as he recovers.
The train taking House Republicans from Washington to a retreat in West Virginia collided with the garbage truck in Crozet, Virginia on Wednesday. One person in the truck was killed.
Fellow Minnesota Reps. Erik Paulsen and Tom Emmer were also on board the train. Both lawmakers say they were unhurt.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- Guard troops search for more wildfire victims; 56 dead WATCH
- Shot in the neck at 17, this is the trauma surgeon now leading doctors against gun violence and NRA
- Migrant caravan groups arrive by hundreds at US border VIEW