ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Aides to Minnesota Rep. Jason Lewis say he’s been discharged from a Virginia hospital after suffering a concussion when a train carrying House Republicans to a retreat struck a truck.
A tweet from Lewis’ account late Wednesday said Lewis was heading for the retreat and planned to participate as much as he could as he recovers.
The train taking House Republicans from Washington to a retreat in West Virginia collided with the garbage truck in Crozet, Virginia on Wednesday. One person in the truck was killed.
Fellow Minnesota Reps. Erik Paulsen and Tom Emmer were also on board the train. Both lawmakers say they were unhurt.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Lindsey Graham: 'There's a bureaucratic coup going on' at FBI and Justice Department