BOSTON (AP) — Massachusetts police say a legislative aide to Republican state Rep. Randy Hunt was stabbed in Boston.
Hunt tells The Cape Cod Times 25-year-old Matthew Liber was stabbed “totally out of the blue” Sunday morning while leaving a local bar.
State police say a police cruiser was patrolling the area at the time, and two troopers saw the altercation. A 39-year-old man was arrested at the scene.
Liber has been hospitalized with stab wounds to his right side, and he is expected to fully recover.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
The suspect has been charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.
Hunt said in a Facebook post Tuesday his office may be “sluggish” during Liber’s absence, and members of the Cape delegation have offered their assistance.
Information from: Cape Cod (Mass.) Times, http://www.capecodtimes.com