MAYSVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Lee Enterprises Inc. says it has sold a Maysville, Kentucky newspaper and digital media operation.
A statement from Lee Enterprises on Thursday says Champion Media LLC has purchased The Ledger Independent, which publishes five days a week and has a daily circulation of 3,654, and maysville-online.com, which has more than 6,300 unique monthly visitors.
Lee acquired The Ledger Independent, its smallest daily newspaper, when it purchased Howard Publications in 2002.
Champion Media owns four daily newspapers and 18 weeklies in North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio and Minnesota.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Cosby in cuffs: TV star gets 3 to 10 years for sex assault VIEW
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- 'How'd you find me?': Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge has been holed up in a beach house amid media firestorm
- Archaeologists discover 'massive' ancient building in Egypt VIEW
- Mormon women’s group aims call for probe of Kavanaugh allegations at LDS senators
Champion Media CEO Scott Champion says the company is excited to add the newspaper in Maysville to its holdings in nearby Ohio communities.