MAYSVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Lee Enterprises Inc. says it has sold a Maysville, Kentucky newspaper and digital media operation.
A statement from Lee Enterprises on Thursday says Champion Media LLC has purchased The Ledger Independent, which publishes five days a week and has a daily circulation of 3,654, and maysville-online.com, which has more than 6,300 unique monthly visitors.
Lee acquired The Ledger Independent, its smallest daily newspaper, when it purchased Howard Publications in 2002.
Champion Media owns four daily newspapers and 18 weeklies in North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio and Minnesota.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Champion Media CEO Scott Champion says the company is excited to add the newspaper in Maysville to its holdings in nearby Ohio communities.