AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — The leader of the Maine National Guard has been promoted.
Republican Gov. Paul LePage says Maine Adjutant General Douglas Farnham has been promoted from the rank of brigadier general to major general. LePage presided over Farnham’s promotion ceremony on Wednesday.
Farnham leads 3,000 airmen and soldiers. He was promoted to brigadier general in January 2016. He also is the commissioner of the Maine Department of Defense, Veterans and Emergency Management.
Farnham graduated from the United States Air Force Academy in 1984 and joined the Maine Air National Guard seven years later.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She bought her dream home; a ‘sovereign citizen’ changed the locks
- Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both knockouts, but one seems to have the edge
- Linda Evangelista says CoolSculpting 'disfigured' her. Here's what experts say about the procedure
- Fat Bear Week is here. Here's how to celebrate, according to huge fans.
- Huge hack reveals embarrassing details of who's behind Proud Boys and other far-right websites