CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) — A former federal prosecutor hired to lead a review of Charlottesville’s response to three nationalist rallies this summer says he has not been given access to records he’s requested from state agencies.
Tim Heaphy said last month that he wanted to review the assistance Charlottesville received from the Virginia National Guard, the Department of Emergency Management and state police.
Heaphy told the Richmond Times-Dispatch that as of Oct. 9, he had not received replies to Freedom of Information Act requests or separate requests he sent to state agencies.
A spokesman for Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe said the state has had “ongoing discussions” with Heaphy, but is prioritizing its own review ahead of the review by Charlottesville.
Most Read Stories
- More details emerge about events leading up to WSU QB Tyler Hilinski's death
- Million-dollar home sales surge in King County, creeping into cheaper neighborhoods VIEW
- Undersea quake sends Alaskans fleeing from feared tsunami VIEW
- Satellite images reveal 'parade' of wet weather systems headed for the Pacific Northwest
- Are you ready? Here comes a deluge of rain, snow across Western Washington
A counter-protester was killed during an Aug. 12 white nationalist rally.
Information from: Richmond Times-Dispatch, http://www.richmond.com