LAYTON, Utah (AP) — A house fire in Layton killed several pets and gutted a garage and id $150,000 in damage over the weekend.
The Standard-Examiner reports the Sunday afternoon fire started in a garage in north Layton and spread to two bedrooms.
Layton Fire Battalion Chief Jason Cook says the homeowners were not at home at the time but neighbors were able to rescue a few dogs. He says several small pets, including a bird, died in the fire.
Cook says it took firefighters several hours to extinguish all the flames. He says three firefighters received minor injuries but were treated at the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- 6 drastic plans Trump is already promising for a second term
- The coming California megastorm
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Information from: Standard-Examiner, http://www.standard.net