PITTSBURGH (AP) — The lawyer for a Pittsburgh police officer accused of pointing a gun at a man during an off-duty road rage encounter says the entire story is a fabrication.
Robert Kramer is accused of pointing a silver revolver at a civilian on May 3 in the city’s Sheridan neighborhood. He was ordered held for trial Monday.
KDKA-TV reports (http://cbsloc.al/2xsHPf1 ) Kramer’s attorney said at a preliminary hearing that the officer had encountered the accuser a few days prior. He said the man targeted Kramer because he’s a police officer.
Kramer was placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of the case.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on lecture stage in New York
- A child abductee's journey back
- FBI seized top secret documents in Trump estate search
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: KDKA-TV, http://www.kdka.com