KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) — A lawsuit alleges a special needs student in Kansas was sexually assaulted by another student on a school bus.
The Kansas City Star reported Thursday that the lawsuit filed against First Student alleges the company was negligent by not having an adult monitor on the bus when the assault occurred in April 2016.
A message seeking comment from First Student was not immediately returned.
The teen was a Lenexa resident and student at Shawnee Mission South High School.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dog that waited weeks in ruins of California wildfire is reunited with owner WATCH
- Justices won't hear states' appeal over Planned Parenthood
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
- Need a transplant? First you'll need to prove you can afford it
- Trump blames lawyer Michael Cohen for hush money 'liability'
The lawsuit filed in Johnson County District Court alleges an adult monitor on the bus got off before it left the school. It contends the girl was seated two rows behind the driver and “continually molested” by another student who sat down beside her.
Information from: The Kansas City Star, http://www.kcstar.com