DOVER, Del. (AP) — Attorneys have agreed to dismiss a federal lawsuit filed against police in Delaware’s capital city by a Pennsylvania man who claimed he was the victim of police brutality.
Attorneys for Stephen DiFlorio of West Chester filed a stipulation of dismissal in the case Monday. Further details were not immediately available.
DiFlorio claimed that police targeted him after he got in a fight outside a downtown Dover bar in 2013. DiFlorio alleged that as he was walking away from the fight, police without warning hit him with a stun gun in the back.
The lawsuit claims that police then showed up at DiFlorio’s house the next day, threw him off his porch, and punched and kicked him as they took him into custody, then filed false paperwork to justify their actions.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 panel calls surprise hearing to present new evidence
- Ocasio-Cortez wants 2 justices impeached for ‘lying under oath’
- Aide: Trump dismissed Jan. 6 threats, wanted to join crowd
- Justices side with doctors convicted in pain pill schemes
- Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years for helping Epstein