LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — Lawrence police say a man was shot during a traffic stop by at least one police officer after the stop escalated into a confrontation.
Police Capt. Anthony Brixius says the person who was shot Tuesday evening was hospitalized in stable condition.
The Lawrence Journal-World reports the officer began struggling with the driver of a vehicle he had stopped near a busy Lawrence intersection.
Brixius says a second officer arrived but he could not confirm how many officers fired their weapons.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Trump escalates attacks on McConnell with 'DEATH WISH' post
- Key Largo is so flooded that crocodiles are swimming in the streets
- Hackers release data after LA school district refuses to pay ransom
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
Few other details were released, including whether the person who was shot was the vehicle’s driver.
Information from: Lawrence (Kan.) Journal-World, http://www.ljworld.com