LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — A 40-year-old Lawrence man has been sentenced to 27.5 years in prison for repeatedly raping a girl for more than six years.
Andrew Tribble was sentenced Thursday for two counts of rape and one count of aggravated criminal sodomy. He was originally charged with a dozen felonies.
The Lawrence Journal-World reports the man’s victim, who is now 17, read a statement before sentencing saying Tribble stole her childhood from her. She said by the time she was 9, she wanted to die but she eventually decided she had to speak up.
Tribble’s attorney read a statement from him apologizing for his actions.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- As nations decide to live with the virus, some disease experts warn of surrendering too soon
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration
- Eastern U.S. socked by winter storm
Before his arrest, Tribble was a maintenance worker for the city and had coached youth sports in Lawrence.
Information from: Lawrence (Kan.) Journal-World, http://www.ljworld.com