CHICAGO — A performance that the Grateful Dead says was their last together has topped records for ticket sales at Chicago’s Soldier Field set by the band earlier in the weekend.
In a news release, Soldier Field says 71,000 tickets were sold for Sunday night’s show and that this is the most sold for any event at the stadium. Soldier Field reported that 70,844 tickets were sold for Saturday’s show, and that fans bought 70,764 tickets for Friday’s show.
Soldier Field says the previous record was 67,936 tickets sold for a U2 concert in 2009.
The band has said the Chicago shows would be their last as the Grateful Dead.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Seattle scientist digs up deleted coronavirus genetic data, adding fuel to the covid origin debate
- Washington state extremist pays a price after unmasking by left
- When will COVID pandemic 'end'? It’ll largely be individual decision
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- 'Huge, huge cloud of dust': Giant, gritty storm sweeps through Boise