CHARLOTTE, Mich. (AP) — Another Michigan judge has rejected Larry Nassar’s request for a new sentence in one of his three criminal cases.
Eaton County Judge Janice Cunningham found no grounds to give the convicted sports doctor a new hearing Thursday. He was sentenced to at least 40 years in prison for sexually molesting girls at a Lansing-area gymnastics club, one of three decades-long sentences that will likely keep him locked up for life.
Nassar’s attorneys argued that his February court hearing was unfair because it was dominated by testimony not directly related to his crimes in Eaton County.
In August, a different judge rejected Nassar’s request for a new hearing in a related case. Hundreds of women and girls say he molested them, and many explained the impact during emotional testimony.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- Parents forget newborn baby in Hamburg taxi
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- Anna the anaconda got pregnant all by herself — by 'virgin birth'