DETROIT (AP) — The website for Detroit’s Land Bank Authority has been redesigned and will improve communication with home buyers.
The agency says the new BuildingDetroit.org has maps, zip code, street, district and neighborhood search functions. It has more traffic capacity and stronger security.
Buyers also can see the status of applications, property purchases, and upload documents directly to the website.
BuildingDetroit.org has been the land bank’s main platform to sell properties since the authority was launched in 2014.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
Executive Director Saskia Thompson says “the new site will only help the Land Bank get more properties into the hands of citizens, and back into productive use.”
The land bank has sold about 4,000 vacant houses and 8,500 side lots.