DETROIT (AP) — The website for Detroit’s Land Bank Authority has been redesigned and will improve communication with home buyers.
The agency says the new BuildingDetroit.org has maps, zip code, street, district and neighborhood search functions. It has more traffic capacity and stronger security.
Buyers also can see the status of applications, property purchases, and upload documents directly to the website.
BuildingDetroit.org has been the land bank’s main platform to sell properties since the authority was launched in 2014.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Turkey: 'Atrocious' recording suggests killer used drugs VIEW
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- A reader's guide to 12 Trump administration targets House Democrats are preparing to investigate
- Utility emailed Northern California woman about power-line problems 1 day before fire
Executive Director Saskia Thompson says “the new site will only help the Land Bank get more properties into the hands of citizens, and back into productive use.”
The land bank has sold about 4,000 vacant houses and 8,500 side lots.