STATELINE, Nev. (AP) — Firefighters at Lake Tahoe have doused a blaze that destroyed a mobile home and threatened 10 neighboring residences at a trailer park on the lake’s south shore.
Tahoe-Douglas Fire Marshal Eric Guevin says the mobile home at the Ponderosa Trailer Park in Stateline off the Kingsbury Grade was fully engulfed in flames when crews arrived at about 8:45 a.m. Monday.
The resident who lived there wasn’t at home at the time and no one was hurt. Authorities say neighbors knocked down a fence to rescue a dog.
Fire officials evacuated residents of 10 other threatened homes, but crews were able to contain the damage to the one mobile home and adjacent garage, which also was destroyed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.