LAFAYETTE, La. (AP) — Ahead of a major international music and arts festival in Lafayette, Louisiana, the letters spelling out the host city’s name are getting a makeover.
KATC-TV reports that the three-dimensional Lafayette letters in the city’s Parc Sans Souci are being painted to reflect the artwork for the 32nd annual Festival International de Louisiane. Local artists Olivia Perillo and Cayla Zeek’s designs reflect the official poster from the festival’s official visual artist, Mollie Wallace.
The park’s letters have been painted orange and blue with an overlay of motifs from the background of Wallace’s poster, including crawfish, keyboards and pineapples.
The letters were erected in 2014 and are often painted over to reflect various events and themes.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 4 dead in Waffle House shooting in Tennessee; suspect sought VIEW
- Scott Pruitt before the EPA: Fancy homes, a shell company and friends with money
- Former Mariners reliever Danny Farquhar 'stable but in critical condition' after passing out in dugout
- Archaeologists find bust of Roman emperor in Egypt
- Miss America 2005 marries same-sex partner in Alabama
Information from: KATC-TV, http://katc.com