NEW YORK (AP) — The Los Angeles romance “La La Land” has landed 12 nominations from the Critics’ Choice Awards, including best picture, best director for Damien Chazelle and nods for its stars, Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling.
The Broadcast Film Critics Association, which presents the Critics’ Choice Awards, announced the nominations Thursday. Barry Jenkins’ coming-of-age drama “Moonlight” and Denis Villeneuve’s sci-fi thriller “Arrival” followed with 10 nominations each.
The Critics’ Choice Awards are now in their 22nd year. Previously announced television nominations were led by FX’s “The People v. O.J. Simpson.”
Winners will be announced at a Dec. 11 gala hosted by actor T.J. Miller and broadcast on A&E.
Most Read Stories
- I-5’s Uncle Sam: 50 years and still ticked off near Chehalis
- Check out this new drone footage of the Bertha-dug Highway 99 tunnel WATCH
- Washington state’s new parental leave law could change workplace for moms — and dads
- Republicans going beyond hypocrisy with the national debt | Danny Westneat
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events