ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Alaska State Troopers say a 60-year-old Kodiak man died after a fishing boat he was in capsized.
Troopers say Coast Guard searchers found Welby Jensen dead in Chiniak Bay Thursday afternoon.
The Coast Guard had been searching for the 22-foot-long fishing boat after being notified that it had capsized with two people on board.
According to troopers, 32-year-old Brandon Jensen was rescued after he clung to the capsized boat for two hours until he flagged down a vessel crew for help.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- 6 drastic plans Trump is already promising for a second term
- The coming California megastorm
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Troopers say Welby Jensen’s body was being sent to the state medical examiner’s office for an autopsy.