NEW YORK (AP) — Police say New York Knicks forward Derrick Williams has reported that $617,000 in jewelry has vanished from his apartment.
Police say they are searching for two women in the case. They released surveillance video footage late Wednesday of two well-dressed women leaving a club in Manhattan’s meatpacking district early Dec. 19.
They say those women went to Williams’ home in the trendy TriBeCa neighborhood. They left after 90 minutes.
Police say Williams later reported several pieces of jewelry missing. They included a $50,000 diamond Rolex watch, three diamond rings valued at $30,000 and three 24-karat gold chains worth $35,000.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI says it interviewed FedEx mass shooter last year
- 2 women busted for trying to use a $1M bill — at a Dollar General store
- Vaccine etiquette: A guide to politely navigating this new phase of the pandemic
- Beloved N.C. teacher's double life revealed after he dies in cartel robbery, sheriff says
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Williams has declined to comment on the theft.
Williams was picked second in the 2011 draft and averages 7.3 points this season. The Knicks are the 24-year-old player’s third NBA team.