BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — A former kindergarten teacher in western New York has pleaded guilty to child pornography charges.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office in Buffalo says 31-year-old Roland Yockel II of Hilton pleaded guilty in federal court to receiving child pornography. The charge carries a sentence of five to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Sentencing was set for June 14.
Yockel’s online activities were traced by U.S. Homeland Security agents working with New Zealand investigators on a case related to the internet application Chatstep.com.
Yockel was a kindergarten teacher at Ginther Elementary School in Brockport and was placed on administrative leave after his arrest.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amazon dumps NYC headquarters and its promised 25,000 jobs
- Too big to sell: Airbus bids pained adieu to superjumbo A380 VIEW
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Congress OKs border deal; Trump will sign, declare emergency WATCH
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
According to court documents, he denied ever touching children in his care but admitted he stole underwear from children’s backpacks at a summer camp where he worked.