BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — A former kindergarten teacher in western New York has pleaded guilty to child pornography charges.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office in Buffalo says 31-year-old Roland Yockel II of Hilton pleaded guilty in federal court to receiving child pornography. The charge carries a sentence of five to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Sentencing was set for June 14.
Yockel’s online activities were traced by U.S. Homeland Security agents working with New Zealand investigators on a case related to the internet application Chatstep.com.
Yockel was a kindergarten teacher at Ginther Elementary School in Brockport and was placed on administrative leave after his arrest.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Scary statistic: 90.5 percent of plastic is not recycled
- Judge delays Flynn sentencing, 'not hiding disgust' at crime WATCH
- A Paradise fire cleanup crew joked about ruins and a charred cat. Then the town found out.
- 'Laverne & Shirley' star, 'Big' director Penny Marshall dies VIEW
- Retired Army general set to be tried on charges of abusing daughter
According to court documents, he denied ever touching children in his care but admitted he stole underwear from children’s backpacks at a summer camp where he worked.