BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — A former kindergarten teacher in western New York has pleaded guilty to child pornography charges.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office in Buffalo says 31-year-old Roland Yockel II of Hilton pleaded guilty in federal court to receiving child pornography. The charge carries a sentence of five to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Sentencing was set for June 14.
Yockel’s online activities were traced by U.S. Homeland Security agents working with New Zealand investigators on a case related to the internet application Chatstep.com.
Yockel was a kindergarten teacher at Ginther Elementary School in Brockport and was placed on administrative leave after his arrest.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Trump administration eyes defining transgender out of existence
- This major discovery upends long-held theories about the Maya civilization
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- Mega Millions jackpot hits $1.6B, thanks to worsening odds
According to court documents, he denied ever touching children in his care but admitted he stole underwear from children’s backpacks at a summer camp where he worked.