BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — A former kindergarten teacher in western New York has pleaded guilty to child pornography charges.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office in Buffalo says 31-year-old Roland Yockel II of Hilton pleaded guilty in federal court to receiving child pornography. The charge carries a sentence of five to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Sentencing was set for June 14.
Yockel’s online activities were traced by U.S. Homeland Security agents working with New Zealand investigators on a case related to the internet application Chatstep.com.
Yockel was a kindergarten teacher at Ginther Elementary School in Brockport and was placed on administrative leave after his arrest.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Can 'Jeopardy!' whiz James Holzhauer be beat? The science of memory and recall, explained
- Trump plans to release thousands of migrants in two Democratic strongholds, Florida officials say
- Ammo from crashed F-16 safely destroyed
- Trump's sanctions on Iran are hitting Hezbollah hard
According to court documents, he denied ever touching children in his care but admitted he stole underwear from children’s backpacks at a summer camp where he worked.