ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — Federal authorities say a former substitute kindergarten teacher for a western New York school district has been charged with possessing child pornography.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office in Rochester says 30-year-old Roland Yockel II, of Hilton in Monroe County, was charged with receipt and distribution of child pornography.
Prosecutors say federal agents got involved with an ongoing child pornography investigation with New Zealand authorities who had identified peple using an internet-based application to receive and distribute child porn.
Officials say the investigation determined one of the app users was Yockel.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
Authorities say a search of the home he shares with his parents and siblings turned up DVDs of child porn.
Officials with the Brockport Central School District west of Rochester say he was a substitute teacher who hasn’t worked for the district in more than a year.
Information on his lawyer wasn’t available from authorities.