KILLEEN, Texas (AP) — A 5-year-old Texas boy has been taken to the hospital with serious injuries after a hit-and-run accident Sunday afternoon.
A Killeen Police spokesman said witnesses told officers that the boy was hit around noon by a silver Dodge Charger with black diagonal stripes.
Witnesses say the Charger stopped a few houses down after hitting the boy. A late-model red Ford Mustang or Dodge Challenger stopped alongside the other car, and after a few moments both fled the area.
Police say the boy was taken to McLane’s Children’s Hospital in Temple by ambulance. The extent of the boy’s injuries was not known Sunday afternoon, but police say they “appear to be serious.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on lecture stage in New York
- A child abductee's journey back
- FBI seized top secret documents in Trump estate search
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events