BROOKLINE, Mass. (AP) — Boston’s NPR news station is debuting its first podcast festival geared to young listeners.
WBUR says the two-day event — dubbed “The Mega Awesome Super Huge Wicked Fun Podcast Playdate” — started Saturday at Brookline’s Coolidge Corner Theatre.
Podcasts will include WBUR’s “Circle Round,” Gimlet’s “Story Pirates,” WHYY’s “Eleanor Amplified,” Minnesota Public Radio’s “Brains On!,” Vermont Public Radio’s “But Why” and National Public Radio’s “Wow in the World.”
The event continued Sunday and kicks off a week of screen-free events designed to pry children away from smartphones, TV and video games.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
Organizers say it will feature live performances from actors, musicians and podcast producers.
Topics will include where dreams come from, why animals hibernate, what goes on aboard the International Space Station, and more.