NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A Kentucky priest has been installed as bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Nashville.
The Tennessean reports the Rev. J. Mark Spalding took his new role during a ceremony Friday at the Catholic Pastoral Center in Nashville.
The Nashville Diocese covers 38 counties in Middle Tennessee and includes about 76,000 registered Catholics.
Spalding is a native of Fredericktown, Kentucky. He was ordained in 1991 and has served in a number of roles in the Archdiocese of Louisville, including vicar general.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sniffles? Cancer? Under Medicare plan, payments for office visits would be same for both
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- 2 dead, 13 wounded in shooting attack in Toronto WATCH
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- After a week of walkbacks, Trump returns to Russia doubting
Former Nashville Bishop David Choby died on June 3.
Information from: The Tennessean, http://www.tennessean.com