NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A Kentucky priest has been installed as bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Nashville.
The Tennessean reports the Rev. J. Mark Spalding took his new role during a ceremony Friday at the Catholic Pastoral Center in Nashville.
The Nashville Diocese covers 38 counties in Middle Tennessee and includes about 76,000 registered Catholics.
Spalding is a native of Fredericktown, Kentucky. He was ordained in 1991 and has served in a number of roles in the Archdiocese of Louisville, including vicar general.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Robocalls flooding your cellphone? Here’s how to fight them
- Inside the elite prep-school world of Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh, accuser
- Under right terms, Kavanaugh accuser may testify after all WATCH
- Two women athletes were separately killed in Iowa. But only one suspect — a Mexican — inspired outrage.
Former Nashville Bishop David Choby died on June 3.
Information from: The Tennessean, http://www.tennessean.com