GLENDALE, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky State Police say a sheriff’s deputy shot a suspect during an attempted traffic stop on a rural road.
Trooper Jeff Gregory tells news outlets that a deputy and a trooper responding to a report of a reckless driver Thursday evening tried to stop the car “for a good ways.” Gregory says the car eventually turned around and came toward the officers.
At some point, shots were fired, but no details were released. The suspect was airlifted to a hospital in serious condition.
No further details were immediately released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Taco Bell loses $42 million Chihuahua ruling
- If you think the political divide is worse than ever, you may be right
- No private jets, no big house: Jimmy Carter an outlier among ex-presidents VIEW
- Asia Argento, who accused Harvey Weinstein, made deal with her own accuser
- British Columbia declares state of emergency over wildfires