GLENDALE, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky State Police say a sheriff’s deputy shot a suspect during an attempted traffic stop on a rural road.
Trooper Jeff Gregory tells news outlets that a deputy and a trooper responding to a report of a reckless driver Thursday evening tried to stop the car “for a good ways.” Gregory says the car eventually turned around and came toward the officers.
At some point, shots were fired, but no details were released. The suspect was airlifted to a hospital in serious condition.
No further details were immediately released.
Most Read Stories
- ‘Suddenly there is a Confederate flag flying’ in Seattle’s Greenwood area – well, not quite
- Seattle federal prosecutor Thomas Wales was possibly killed by hired gunman, FBI official says
- Report: NBA and Kevin Durant are coming back to Seattle ... for a Warriors-Kings preseason game
- See how Mount Rainier glaciers have vanished over time, with this eye-opening photo project
- 'It's not going to warm up': Record-breaking cold in Olympia, Bellingham as chill lingers