GLENDALE, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky State Police say a sheriff’s deputy shot a suspect during an attempted traffic stop on a rural road.
Trooper Jeff Gregory tells news outlets that a deputy and a trooper responding to a report of a reckless driver Thursday evening tried to stop the car “for a good ways.” Gregory says the car eventually turned around and came toward the officers.
At some point, shots were fired, but no details were released. The suspect was airlifted to a hospital in serious condition.
No further details were immediately released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor closed indefinitely
- A wolflike creature was stalking livestock in Montana. Authorities have no idea what it is.
- Sheriff: High school athletes tried to rape teen with mop
- Man arrested after driver rams into 3 on Oregon sidewalk VIEW
- Inside a semitruck in Nebraska, troopers found enough fentanyl to kill 26 million people