GLENDALE, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky State Police say a sheriff’s deputy shot a suspect during an attempted traffic stop on a rural road.
Trooper Jeff Gregory tells news outlets that a deputy and a trooper responding to a report of a reckless driver Thursday evening tried to stop the car “for a good ways.” Gregory says the car eventually turned around and came toward the officers.
At some point, shots were fired, but no details were released. The suspect was airlifted to a hospital in serious condition.
No further details were immediately released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen