GLENDALE, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky State Police say a sheriff’s deputy shot a suspect during an attempted traffic stop on a rural road.
Trooper Jeff Gregory tells news outlets that a deputy and a trooper responding to a report of a reckless driver Thursday evening tried to stop the car “for a good ways.” Gregory says the car eventually turned around and came toward the officers.
At some point, shots were fired, but no details were released. The suspect was airlifted to a hospital in serious condition.
No further details were immediately released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- Couple killed in crash driving to their wedding