PITTSBURGH (AP) — Searchers outside Pittsburgh are continuing to look for a kayaker who has been missing since a weekend boating accident that killed her friend.
Helene Brandy and Brittany Evans, both 25, were kayaking on the Ohio River on Saturday when witnesses saw their kayaks plunge over a dam and heard cries for help. Evans’ body was recovered a short time later.
Search boats continued to ply the river Wednesday in hopes of finding Brandy.
The friends took a selfie together shortly before the accident.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump charged over classified documents in 1st federal indictment of an ex-president VIEW
- He’s 14, just graduated Santa Clara University and about to join SpaceX in Redmond
- Man who set Indiana Jones-like trap in Oregon convicted after hurting FBI agent
- Donald Trump stored, showed off and refused to return classified documents, indictment says WATCH
- 'Better Call Saul,' 'Bob's Burgers' actor charged in Capitol riot