PITTSBURGH (AP) — Searchers outside Pittsburgh are continuing to look for a kayaker who has been missing since a weekend boating accident that killed her friend.
Helene Brandy and Brittany Evans, both 25, were kayaking on the Ohio River on Saturday when witnesses saw their kayaks plunge over a dam and heard cries for help. Evans’ body was recovered a short time later.
Search boats continued to ply the river Wednesday in hopes of finding Brandy.
The friends took a selfie together shortly before the accident.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- Biden signs landmark gun measure, says 'lives will be saved'
- The man most responsible for ending Roe worries that it could hurt his party
- To catch a snake: Largest python found in Everglades signals a threat
- Thousands of Seattle protesters gather downtown after Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade