TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — A 60-year-old Kansas woman missing since Wednesday has been found dead, and police say there is no evidence of foul play.
The Topeka Capital-Journal reports that officials with the Shawnee County Sheriff’s Office found the body of Nadezhda Pavlovna Gorchakova about 10:45 a.m. Friday near home southeast of Topeka.
Authorities say the investigation continues into the circumstances surrounding her death. Relatives had not had contact with Gorchakova since Wednesday afternoon.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. passenger killed when big wave hits Antarctic cruise ship
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Pantone’s color of the year was made for the metaverse
- Police double down on 'targeted' nature of University of Idaho killings
- Two Trump-appointed judges rebuke a third for bending the law in his favor
Information from: The Topeka (Kan.) Capital-Journal, http://www.cjonline.com