TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — A 60-year-old Kansas woman missing since Wednesday has been found dead, and police say there is no evidence of foul play.
The Topeka Capital-Journal reports that officials with the Shawnee County Sheriff’s Office found the body of Nadezhda Pavlovna Gorchakova about 10:45 a.m. Friday near home southeast of Topeka.
Authorities say the investigation continues into the circumstances surrounding her death. Relatives had not had contact with Gorchakova since Wednesday afternoon.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Colin Powell dies, trailblazing general stained by Iraq
- Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both knockouts, but one seems to have the edge
- Colin Powell, warrior and statesman, dies of COVID complications
- Ted Cruz called an Australian vaccine mandate 'tyranny.' Then came the stinging response
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: The Topeka (Kan.) Capital-Journal, http://www.cjonline.com